en / de / it

About us

Many years have passed since Daniela and Francesco Mestre took charge of small inn Casa Verardo, whose entrance is from the ‘Ponte Storto’ (crooked bridge) and which overlooks the Rio Drio La Chiesa (little canal behind the chrch), a few steps from Piazza San Marco and the Rialto Bridge. 
Casa Verardo, which then consisted only of a few rooms on the first floor of the historical Palazzo, was already open to travelers since early 1900 and became their “home away from home” in a way that even today, many come back in search of that magical atmosphere, typical of the Venetian home.

After extending the Casa to include the upper floors, Daniela and Francesco devoted their time and energies to the integral restoration of the Palace, bringing out the decorations of the ‘terrazzo’ (the typical Venetian floor) of the two main floors, the wood and the paintings on the ceiling by Sansovino, the inner garden and the ancient column dating back from the 17th century decorating it.

The careful restoration, the opening of the rooftop terrace (from where you can enjoy a spectacular view of Venice) on the fourth floor, the antique furniture, the paintings by the Venetian school of the 16th century, the Fortuny lamps, the fabrics by Rubelli, and the Palazzo meeting and exceeding all the most modern standards in welcoming their guests and in service, have enabled the House to be qualified and certified as a “Residenza d’Epoca” and to become a refined landmark for travelers looking for elegance, space, silence and service in Venice.